There are some simple strategies to curb costs associated with the flowers, bouquets, and arrangements needed at a wedding ceremony and reception; with so many floral options, it may prove overwhelming- as well as costly- to compliment and accent churches and rental halls. Some suggestions that might prove cost-efficient approaches to wedding day flowers include:
– Do some research to find out what flowers will be iin season during the planned wedding. This will ensure availability and access, and could also lower costs of importing exotic flowers for arrangements or bouquets.
– It pays to look at locally-grown flowers, as opposed to those that will be imported and priced higher. There are so many lovely local varieties during particular seasons that it should be a fairly small sacrifice that can save a lot.
– Add lots of greens and lush fill-ins to floral arrangements. Not only does this serve to really show-case the flowers, it also results in a much lower cost from florists or flower wholesalers.
– Consider alternatives to conventional wedding cernterpieces on the guests’ tables or in the hall. Some may use large bowls of fruit, metallic baubles or glass balls, pebbles and stones, shells, or even large branches. These are all elements that can become showstopping centerpieces in the banquet hall or reception that will cost far less than typical floral displays can.
– Consider replicating the wedding bouquets or arrangements of a relative or loved one; this simple act will have more aesthetic and sentimental beauty than any exotic or expensive flower will. For instance, the bride’s grandmother loved violets and had a bouquet of them when she married. Sometimes the simplest things are the most elegant and captivating.
– Add crystal embellished push pins, available at craft retailers and wedding suppliers, to simple bouquets for dramatic sparkle.
There are many ways to create or buy wedding flowers that won’t break a wedding-day budget. In retrospect, many brides report either paying too much for their flowers or disappointment in what they got for their money later on. Using some simple strategies and common-sense can make a difference in the cost, convenience, and appeal of wedding floral displays.