When you are young flirting comes naturally and you have a set way in which you flirt. It seems that when we are young we know what works and what doesn’t and we are not afraid to try new things. Yet, as we age it seems the way that we once flirted just doesn’t have the same affect that it once did. If you are trying to put yourself out there and flirt again for the first time in a long time or you just want to hone your flirting skills as you age, you simply need to follow a couple really simple tips.
1. Don’t try to be obvious about it. As you age, you don’t need or want things to be as “in your face”. You need to remember that when you are flirting, being subtle about things really is a much more effective way to flirt. Give the person that you are interested in a little smile, give them just a little extra attention, and then go from there. You’ll find that the build up and the ability to respond is just so much more natural and enjoyable when you go about it in this manner.
2. Use your manners! If you are middle aged you have seen the way that society has changed and manners overall are just much different than they used to be. Just always put your best foot forward and use your manners when you are dealing with someone that you like, this will let them know that you like them a lot and hopefully they will reciprocate.
3. Just be honest. Don’t use pick up lines and don’t be silly about it. You should definitely just tell someone that you would like to spend some time with them. When you approach it in this way you will get what you want, you will let someone know that you want to get to know them better. You will definitely be more straight forward, but you are still being polite when you let them know that you want to get to know them better.
4. Touch them when you have the opportunity. This shouldn’t mean that you are looking for excuses to touch someone inappropriately, it means when you are talking that you should reach out and touch their hand, their shoulder, or their knee. We know that when people touch us they either like us very much or care about us, so this is a good signal to send to someone that you want to get to know better and let them know that you like them.
5. Pay attention to the clues that you are given. When you are flirting you need to make sure that you are paying attention to the way that the person is responding. You need to do this so you can respond if they flirt back, or so that you can pull back if the person is responding in a way that lets you know that you are not interested. Being older means being wiser, so pay attention to the way that the person responds.